February 17, 2011

The Cupcake Adventure

So my mom and I decided it would be fun to sign up for this cupcake decorating class, but little did we know what we were getting into. The mystery began when we received the list of what we needed to bring.

1. pretzels (who eats pretzels with cupcakes)
2. marshmallows (?)
3. fruit by the foot (really?)
4. blue glitter gel (edible of course)
5. Rice Krispies (we found out a spoon of frosting with rice krispies is pretty good)
and the list goes on. 

We arrived at our class and began our decorating.


This is the Love Monster

..Jeff?

Nope, it's cupid. I'm glad we bought a huge thing of blue glitter gel for two little dots! 

Yes, those are wings. 

This was our final cupcake - the fruit by the foot rose bush 

The final product. My mom did not want me to take her picture, but I had to document her accomplishment. 


This was totally not what we expected, but we actually had a really fun time together. 
I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. 


4 comments:

  1. Ash, how fun! Those fruit roll up roses look awesome! I can't wait to not have school and do more fun things like this. Great adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time call me and we'll do a mother daughter date! I've started taking classes with my mom too and the best part is you're the only one under 40 in the whole class. It makes me think that maybe this is not where I should be at this point in my life since the rest of the girls my age I dunno- have a job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha ha!! the wing one is hilarious!! they look really good though! i'd say the class is paying off ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha!!! I love it! I bet you guys were laughing the whole time. You should definitely open your own shop, now! You're pros!

    ReplyDelete