August 18, 2011

Anything?

"You can do anything!" is a phrase I hear constantly from Jeff

...and I'm so grateful for it.


Before I made my decision to start school again, I went through a mind battle.
I was pregnant at the time, working 40 hours and didn't know how I was going to manage my time.
I was venting my thoughts of stress about my decision to Jeff one day when he told me,
"You can do anything"
He was so full of optimism.
It made me feel secure, and with that I registered for classes.

Deciding to go back to school has been a blessing in disguise.
I had my miscarriage and starting school helped me focus on something else.
I studied harder than ever before.
With each quiz, paper, and test the studying was paying off.
I built my confidence level up, because of this and whenever I saw the results from my hard work this little bubble of excitement would start to bounce around in my stomach and it just made me happy.
I feel fulfilled.
I never thought I would be able to work 40 hours a week and go back to school at the same time
And I did it...

I know I can do anything if I put in the time and effort and keep my Heavenly Father close









4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad everything is turning out so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only reason Jeff is in medical school is because of you, Ashton. Same goes for Kate. Without wives, husbands would just play COD all day and eat crappy food. Good job to you for being awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job Ashton!! I saw on Jeff's FB that you got a 4.0 too! Umm.. that's AMAZING! I got a 2.5 last semester whilst planning the wedding and working. My lowest GPA by far in my whole life. You, on the other hand, get a 4.0 while working 40 hours a week! Congrats! You should be so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on the 4.0 I got 4.0 as well and I believe sarah did too! all that hard work for math paid off and we both did great! I didn't work full time, but you working full time and still doing that great is awesome!! good job lady! :) you can do anything.

    ReplyDelete